Calendar of Performances and Events. (this calendar is continuously updated throughout the year, so check it regularly)
Notes about Extra Curricular Activities:
- Students can only participate in one activity per slot.
- All IAP students are to be involved in at least one activity throughout the year in an area of major study.
- Leadership is an opportunity for all areas within the arts that will require commitments outside of the scheduled time.
(“Arts Council”) First season focus: Gala, Second season focus: Musical, Third season focus: Arts Recognition night.
- Arts Leadership may be counted as an extra-curricular commitment. Commitment outside of the lunch slot is essential.
- Tech may be counted as an extra-curricular commitment
- A significant role in the musical may be counted as an extra-curricular commitment (ask your teacher sponsors to clarify)
- Exemptions for one season only for sports will be considered pending approval of IAP-EC Exemption Request Form
- Clear communication of commitment is required with your teacher sponsors. Absences must be communicated via the IAP Absence form. Multiple absences will result in a yellow card and possibly removal from the group.
All forms will be available on the Arts link on the website as well as on the arts bulletin boards throughout the school.
** Gala auditioned & curricular performances do not count as an extra-curricular commitment.
Listed below are activities that count towards fulfilling your commitment under the “Code of Participation” and towards your “IAP endorsement Certificate”. They are colour coded according to subject area. The “Integrated Activities” listed are clubs that integrate multiple arts areas. Groups have been placed under their primary subject area, but sometimes may count in more than one subject area. (i.e. Dressing the Set is both artistic as well as theatrical, and so could count towards either a Drama major or a Visual Art major, depending on your focus. Troupe often incorporates both Dance and Drama. etc.)
Frequently asked Questions and club descriptions.