All students under 18 years of age are required to have all their absences validated by a parent/guardian listed on the student record.
All adult students 18 and over are encouraged to validate their absences in advance.
- Student’s full name e.g., Chancy Layne
- Date(s) of absences/late
- Reason for absence
- Parent/guardian name & phone #
“What do I do if I’m late for class?”
- If you arrive late, go directly to class.
- Your late arrival will be recorded by your teacher and you may be assigned a consequence by your teacher.
After five lates to a class, your teacher may call home to let your parent/guardian know. Teachers may also send you to visit your vice-principal and you could then be subject to escalating consequences.
“What do I do if I have an appointment in the morning?”
- If you are absent for any portion of the day, you must sign-in with the office when you arrive. For example, if you have an appointment in the morning and arrive at school during the middle of lunch, you must proceed to the main office to sign-in before going to your next class.
“What do I do if I’m absent?”
- The easiest way to validate an absence is to click on the attendance link on the ECI homepage.
- Or you can have a parent/guardian call the school on the day of your absence. Voicemail message can be left on the attendance line 24/7.
Add the following attendance phone number to your contacts list: (519) 743-8265 Press 1 (A-Z)
Alternatively, bring a written note, signed by a parent or guardian to the main office the day you return to school.
If you did not find your answers above, please click HERE for more information.