January 27th, 2023
End of Semester 1 Information January, 31 – February 2, 2023
The WRDSB Assessment and Evaluation Period for the end of Semester 1 will occur from January 31st to February 2, 2023 (secondary school year calendar). Teachers have the flexibility to provide a variety of methods for students to demonstrate their growth, and confirm their learning. Classroom teachers will clearly communicate with their students and their families what the learning expectations are on these days.
ACE students will attend school with regular programming January 31- February 2nd. On February 3, 2023 PA Day, ACE students will not attend school.
There will be no field trips, WCSSAA games or practices, and no school events from January 24th to February 3rd.
Types of Final Evaluation: The types of evaluation tasks take on a variety of methods i.e. performance based task, portfolios, demonstrations, projects, exit interviews, conferences, and exams.
Exams: Exams will only be administered in grade 11 and 12 courses. All exams will be 75 minutes in length. Students will have up to double time (150 minutes) to complete the exam.
Credit Rescue Opportunities: Some students will be invited to attend on these days in order to complete demonstration of expectations in order to earn their credit.
Student Attendance – Similar to previous Instructional Support Days/Exam days, attendance will be taken and submitted for scheduled exams or evaluations, and in person credit rescue opportunities. Study Areas: The Library will be open for those who wish to engage in quiet study. The cafeteria will also be open for those who need to work collaboratively together.
EXAM/FINAL EVALUATION DAYS SCHEDULE
(click on image to enlarge)
- School buses run on their regular schedule during these three days.
In the event of a school closure or bus cancellations due to weather
- Listen to local radio and check the school board social media channels/website at wrdsb.ca and the school website eci.wrdsb.ca by 6:00 a.m.
- Evaluations may be postponed for various reasons including inclement weather, bus cancellations, plant malfunctions, etc. Please do not plan events which require your student to be absent from school on these days or on the days directly following the evaluation period as these will be the days in which the postponed evaluations will be rescheduled.
- When any WRDSB buses are canceled in any geographic area of the Waterloo Region (Kitchener, Waterloo, Baden, Elmira, Cambridge), the final evaluation schedule in all secondary schools will be postponed by one day.
- The February 3, 2023 PA day will not be moved if a severe weather day occurs leading up to this date as moving the PA day has a significant impact system-wide.
- When a severe weather day occurs during the final evaluation schedule, January 31 to February 2, 2023, all final evaluations will be shifted forward one day (i.e. the final evaluations scheduled for Tuesday, January 31 would be shifted to Wednesday, February 1, Wednesday the 1st move to the Thursday the 2nd, PA day on Friday the 3rd, evaluations from the Thursday the 2nd move to Monday the 6th).