October 7th, 2020
Supporting our students and their families goes beyond their learning – we want all those in the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) community to know there are resources available to help them cope with the added stress of the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council, 1 in 3 Canadians is very concerned about family stress and 1 in 10 women is very concerned about family violence. Just as we are working together to prevent the spread of the virus, we need to work together to prevent the rise of family violence.
If you see or need immediate help with family violence
- Police at 911 in an emergency
- Women’s Crisis Services Waterloo Region
- Kitchener-Waterloo 519-742-5894
- Cambridge 519-653-2422
- Family and Children’s Services
- Phone: 519-576-0540
- Region of Waterloo COVID-19 Community Supports
- For everything from food hampers to spiritual support
- Family Compass Waterloo Region
- A comprehensive directory of COVID-19 related resources from financial support to government programs to fun stuff for families
- Front Door
- For parents/caregivers, children and youth who are struggling with life’s challenges such as emotions, behaviours, relationships and mental health.
- Here 24/7 or 1-844-437-3247
- For addictions, mental health and crisis services in Waterloo–Wellington
More information on the Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council website.