Incident Today at Eastwood

Dear Eastwood Collegiate families,

I am writing to let you know of an incident that happened in our school today.

This afternoon, a small grease fire started in the kitchen lab just after 12:00 pm. Staff acted quickly and evacuated the classroom. All students were safely evacuated from the school and the fire department responded.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and was quickly extinguished. Students were able to return to their regular classroom routines at 1:30 pm, after the fire department determined it was safe to do so.

The kitchen lab will be unavailable to students for a few days as we clean up the classroom. No other areas of the school are impacted.

We would like to thank our students and staff for acting quickly and safely evacuating the school, and the fire department for responding and keeping our school community safe.

If you have any questions about the incident, please do not hesitate to contact me at school.

 

Ryan Hume,

Principal, Eastwood Collegiate Institute